An effective marketing strategy for your business
With the advent of social media and other communication channels, it seems email marketing services is a thing of the past. However, according to eMarketer’s 2019 report, 91% of users send emails, making it the most popular digital activity even more than search and video. You have probably already seen similar other reports that show email has the highest ROI of all other marketing channels available. So how about taking advantage of email marketing to drive in more business? Let’s get started!
WHAT IS EMAIL MARKETING?
Email marketing is a digital marketing strategy of sending emails to prospects and customers, aimed at building trust, converting prospects into customers & turn first-time buyers into loyal customers. Email marketing strategy is an essential aspect of digital marketing, for any business.
IMPORTANCE OF EMAIL MARKETING
Now that we have covered what email marketing is, let’s understand why email marketing is important for your business. Even after the rise of social media, email campaign remains one of the best ways to get leads and build customer relationship.
The reasons for incorporating email marketing in your overall digital strategy -
- 99% of consumers check their email daily, which means more potential business.
- The bulk email service or email list that you build is data that will not disappear tomorrow without notice – it will be entirely yours to keep and use.
- Email marketing has an ROI (Return on investment) of 4400%, that’s estimated to be at least three times higher than social media conversions. (Source: https://optinmonster.com/beginners-guide-to-email-marketing/)
Also Read- 5 EFFECTIVE STRATEGIES FOR A VIRAL MARKETING CAMPAIGN
GETTING STARTED WITH EMAIL MARKETING
Okay but how do you get started with email marketing for your business? Let’s break it down into simple steps.
- Establish your goals: Before you start with email marketing, you must define your goals. Like any other marketing campaign, for an email campaign to be successful you need to have specific and measurable goals in mind to accomplish.
- Define your audience: To write effective emails for your campaign, you need to know who you are writing for. When you have a clear buyer persona in mind and have knowledge about their likes, dislikes and wants, you’ll be able to curate better emails according to your target audience.
HOW TO INCREASE ROI USING EMAIL MARKETING?
Once you have a target audience set, you can start working on building an email list. An email list consists of people (or rather their email addresses) who are interested and have agreed to receive relevant content from you.
Building that list takes time but once you have a strong email list, it will be worth all your time. Be sure to send only relevant content to your email list or you risk them unsubscribing at any point.
- Optimize your about page: If someone is on your about page, it is highly likely that they’ll subscribe to you, so don’t forget to add an email subscription button on the page.
- Create persuasive lead magnets: Lead magnets include checklists, eBooks, swipe files, case studies, templates, videos etc. They are offered while asking the user to subscribe, so they get some incentive for subscribing instantly, which leads to more people subscribing.
- Create squeeze pages: A squeeze page is a page designed to turn visitors into email subscribers. It does not leave room for a lot of options that the user can take to avoid subscribing. You can create different squeeze pages for multiple pages using different lead magnets, which is why it is so important to create persuasive lead magnets, like we said in our point earlier.
HOW TO SEND MARKETING EMAILS?
Once you have built an email list, even if it is 5 people, start sending them relevant content. Content that they signed up for. However, keep in mind that you do not have to spam them. Set an interval period for you to send emails, which will help you in boosting customer loyalty and drive sales. To send an effective marketing email, keep these few things in mind-
- Select what is suitable for you from the email marketing platforms
- Make use of email marketing tips
- Personalize your email
- Use email marketing templates
- Automate the process
We developed an email marketing campaign for our client Ayushakti Ayurved and helped them drive more sales for their business.
HOW TO ANAYLZE YOUR EMAIL MARKETING CAMPAIGN?
Now that you have incorporated an email marketing strategy in your overall strategy, all you must do is keep monitoring the campaign, so you know what is working and what isn’t. For any campaign to work up to its full potential, you must keep optimizing it for the best results.
If done correctly, email marketing is an effective strategy if you’re looking to drive more business. The only things that you must remember to have a successful email marketing campaign is:
- Do not spam.
- Send relevant content.
In case you need any assistance in building the best email marketing campaigns for your business, feel free to reach out to us at email@example.com or DM us on our socials!
Author : Nikhil Dhotre (Business Development)
Reviewed By : Heta Baandal , Managing Director - Sociomark